Hey guys! I usually use my blog posts for my patterns because I like to get straight to the point, but Martine this lovely lady sent me an email regarding a pattern I have on my website and it was so heart warming to hear that I must share it with all of you.
She's been knitting some lovely dog sweaters for her non-profit organisation called “Bubalove Sweater Club” which was named after her late Dachshund Rubie who was rescued, and later was in her care in 1989. Unfortunately, she only had Rubie for a month and a week before she passed away. Martine currently owns 3 dachshunds and all of them are rescues. Rubie later nicknamed Buba was her inspiration to create this club to help other dogs in need of care.
Martine sells her knitted sweaters and 90% of the proceeds go to a rescue the buyer chooses and 1 of 3 causes she supports, the remaining 10% goes to yarn and postage costs.
She has a Facebook page where you can view all her amazing work and if you don't need a sweater but would like to contribute to her cause monetary donations are US tax-deductible and can be made via PayPal to email@example.com. I would highly recommend you all check it out for yourselves and to buy some sweaters.
I honestly love hearing stories like these. You guys are amazing!
Please keep sending me emails like these and don't forget if you want your work featured on my blog you can upload them on the patterns page on the right hand side, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org